A Little About Me.
My Name is Alex Girón, I’m a graphic designer, web developer and entrepreneur living in beautiful
Old Town Alexandria San Francisco. I’m co-founder of nclud, a creative web design agency based in Washington, DC. I am also Co-Founder of Canvas, a co-working community designed for creative types. Most recently I was Design Lead at Twitter. Over the years I’ve had the opportunity to work with great brands including Apple, The Washington Post, Nokia, AOL, Discovery, Politico, Marriott, Puma, McCormick, The Newspaper Association of America, Art Director’s Club, among others.
For seven years I ran CSS Beauty, a website which purpose was to showcase beautiful websites created using Cascading Style Sheets. I saw the website become one of the top resources for standards based web design/development.
Some of my work has been featured in popular magazines such as Practical Web Design, .net Magazine, and in books such as Web Design in a nutshell, The Principles of Beautiful Web Design and Adapting to Web Standards, among others.
Random Facts About Me
- I lived in Venezuela for ten years.
- I speak spanish fluently and can understand some russian.
- I have a cat named Boris, I sometimes call him Borka and sometimes add “Nakamora” at the end of that (Heroes Reference).
- I love me a good cup of coffee, gets me going every morning.
- I enjoy drinking good beer and/or wine.
- I love football (a.k.a Soccer), the EPL in particular. I support Chelsea.
About This Site
Neography.com is somewhat of an experiment, it’s main purpose is to serve as an outlet for my thoughts and to help me improve my writing skills. The site is hosted by Mediatemple, powered by WordPress and uses the 960 Grid System for layout purposes. It was built on a mac, using Espresso, Transmit and Photoshop.